Westfield Firefighters Save Home

14910BridlewoodDrive

WESTFIELD, Ind.—Westfield firefighters saved a family’s home today after a blaze started in the fireplace.  Shortly after four, a neighbor noticed smoke coming from a home at 14910 Bridlewood Drive and called 9-1-1.

Firefighters arrived within minutes to find smoke billowing out of the home—they went quickly into action.  Crews entered and found fire extending out of the first floor fire place.  As they began to extinguish the fire, other fire stations began to arrive and also went into action.  These additional crews searched the home, attacked the fire on the second floor, and cleared roof all at the same time.

“The quick action and seamless coordination between multiple fire stations saved this family’s home today,” said John Barrett, Westfield Fire Department spokesperson.

The homeowner had started a fire in the fire place earlier and was experiencing problems with the damper.  Fire investigators believe the fire was accidental and estimate  the damage at 25,000 dollars.  Everyone made it out of the home safe and there were no firefighter or civilian injuries.

The City of Westfield Fire Department protects 56 square miles in a suburb just north of Indianapolis. Their 70-member department has proudly served its community since 1904.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s