Westfield Home A Blaze from Space Heater


WESTFIELD, Ind.—A space heater set fire to a Westfield home this morning at 14605 Little Eagle Creek Avenue.  Shortly after midnight, an elderly man was watching television noticed smoke coming from a front room.  He jumped up, made his alarm panel, and hit the panic button.  Smoke detectors blared and he got out of the house.

Firefighters rushed to the home and found flames busting through first floor windows.  They quickly went into action—fighting the blaze with water.  With the fire almost out, firefighters soon found flames jumping into void spaces.  These spaces caused by numerous renovations and older construction made it extremely difficult for firefighters

The elderly man is staying with neighbors overnight and the American Red Cross is assisting, as well.  He was also treated by paramedics and released without going to the hospital.  The damage is estimated at $50,000.  Firefighters from Westfield, Carmel, Sheridan, Zionsville, and Perry Township assisted with the blaze.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s