Every year in the US there are over 15,000 dryer fires causing over 100 million dollars in property damage . If you don’t take dryer fires serious, you should watch this video.
Step 4: Clean Your Dryer
How to Prevent Dryer Fires
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
- Clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry.
- Once a year, or more often if your clothes are taking longer to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
- Keep the area around your dryer free of things that can burn.
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed.
Source: National Fire Protection Association