Did you know nearly two-thirds of all fire deaths happen in homes without working smoke detectors? Is your smoke detector more than 10 years old? Replace it!
STEP 2: CHECK YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS
- Install smoke detectors in every bedroom.
- For best protection use both ionization and photoelectric detectors.
- Place a smoke detector about 10 feet away from cooking appliances.
- Replace batteries twice a year.
- Test smoke detectors once-a-month.
Working smoke detectors give you an early warning so you can get out quickly.
Source: National Fire Protection Association